Easyway to reset WordPress admin password.
There are two ways to reset a lost WordPress dashboard password:
- Using the Lost Password option
- In the database
Using the Lost Password option
1. Open your WordPress administrative login page - it is usually located at http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
2. Click on the Lost your password? option, fill out the username or email address > Get New Password:
3. Log into your email account, which is set as your administrative WordPress contact. You can find the email message with the password reset URL there, click on it:
4. Enter your new strong password twice on the opened page > Reset password:
Reset the password via the database
If Lost your password? confirmation emails do not arrive, or if you have no access to the email account linked to your administrative dashboard, you can reset your password via MySQL database:
1. Log into your cPanel > section Files > File manager and navigate to the document root of your WordPress website.
2. To check what database is used for your WordPress website, open the wp-config.php file located in:
3. Go to cPanel > Databases section > phpMyAdmin.
4. Select the database in question, table wp-users and click on Edit next to the admin user:
5. On the next page, type in your new strong password into user_pass box, select MD5 in theFunction column and click Go:
You can now go back to the WordPress dashboard page and try to log in with the new password.
Was this answer helpful?
A theme is a fundamental aspect of design if your site is built on WordPress. This is what the...
How to install WordPress using Softaculous:- Using the Softaculous automatic app installer you...
If you want to change the WordPress website URL, you can do it in Dashboard at...
WordPress is definitely one of the most widespread CMSs. However, it's pretty slow in default...
WordPress হল বর্তমান এর সবচেয়ে জনপ্রিয় CMS ( Content Managment System ) বিভিন্ন কারন এ WordPress...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution