How to change the WordPress site address (URL)
If you want to change the WordPress website URL, you can do it in Dashboard at http://yourdomain/wp-admin.
1. Log into the WordPress admin panel > Settings > General.
2. Update the WordPress Address (URL) line and Site Address (URL) lines and save the changes:
3. You will also need to re-generate the permalinks to make sure they have the new URL in Settings> Permalinks.
So if you had Post name, you need to switch it to "Default" for instance, save the changes and then revert everything back:
If Dashboard is not opening or not letting you in for some reason, you may perform the changes directly in MySQL database.
The instructions below will guide you on how to change the WordPress website URL usingphpMyAdmin in cPanel.
1. Log into your cPanel and navigate to the phpMyAdmin menu:
2. Choose the database which is used for your WordPress blog and click on it.
If you are not sure what exact database you need, check it in the wp-config.php file which is located in the document root, in our case, it is /public_html/wp/:
3. Click on the wp-options table and edit the siteurl and home fields:
Go back to your website and refresh the page to check the results.
Was this answer helpful?
WordPress হল বর্তমান এর সবচেয়ে জনপ্রিয় CMS ( Content Managment System ) বিভিন্ন কারন এ WordPress...
How to install WordPress using Softaculous:- Using the Softaculous automatic app installer you...
WordPress is definitely one of the most widespread CMSs. However, it's pretty slow in default...
There are two ways to reset a lost WordPress dashboard password: Using the Lost Password...
আপনাদের সাথে আজকে যে বিষয়টি নিয়ে আলোচনা করবো , সেটা হলো কিভাবে আপনি আপনার Wordpress সাইটটি...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution